Land restoration?

archieclement

Colonel
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Location
mo
I have a question about something I don't recall ever hearing about, I would assume because it would be rather rare and isolated as most people are not ideologues and wouldn't abandon property.

But I know some land was seized during the war by the United States from southerners, and was later then restored to the owners.

But here's my question, if a southerner had objected to a southern states secession, and moved to a northern state to not be involved in it. If he had remaining property in the state he left wouldn't it have been seized for non payment of taxes by the Confederate State during the war? Does anyone know of a example, and where postwar they could have had the property they had abandoned restored?
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top