Kill-Devil

Sam was confederate soldier, but spent alot of his time behind lines fighting a one man war. If you were a Union soldier or Unionist who had threatened/killed/robbed one of his family or was part of a party who did, and Sam found out, he would set up as a sniper outside your house or base and wait however long it took, to set things right again. Its alleged Kill-Devil set over 80 Yanks right

A couple of notable quotes of Sam

“I make no apology to mankind for my acts of retaliation; I make no whining appeal to the world for sympathy. I sought revenge and I found it; the key of hell was not suffered to rust in the lock while I was on the war path."

“I pity the poor miserable, sniveling creature who would tamely have submitted to it all.”

https://mostateparks.com/page/55002/general-information is a state park in his stomping grounds and has a cave he would use while he stalked people for revenge in the area

Last edited:
I agree, and dont mean to make light of his actions when I say they lived Hollywood scripts.

But obviously the theme of someone's family wronged and the "hero" going on a vigilante rampage obviously still strikes a popular chord today, based on how many action movies are still are based on it.

Last edited:
Back