John Brown Pike

I always enjoyed that show. Wish it was still running. I liked the early episode where someone found a button in his yard that had connection to a Revolutionary War battle and enjoyed all the many aviation-related stories.

There was one episode where someone received a dagger that was said to have belonged to Mussolini as the Vet witnessed the hanging of Il Duce.
Months before it aired, I received an e-mail from the program producer asking MY opinion. I have a web page on the Execution of Mussolini that trues to answer the Question: Where any Americans present in Milan and if so What unit?
I told the the Producer that his story does not pan out as the Vet who owned the dagger served in support behind the lines. Besides the Dagger was issued to Black Shirts of the field grade officer rank. Mussolini wore a gold plated version. I gave him a link to one identical to it that was currently listed for sale on eBay.
To say the least, I wasnt on the program but the episode reached the same conclusion using the Expert at West Point.

Link to my webpage:

http://custermen.com/ItalyWW2/ILDUCE/Mussolini.htm
 
Last edited:

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top