Impressions Isaac & Campbell from M B&S

I just had the opportunity to handle one yesterday, I believe. Young man bought it second hand around Christmas because I had sung the praises of MB&S last year. I would say it's seen some hard use but it is quite well made and looks quite nice.

The really neat thing to me is when he bought it there was a minor tear on the bottom where something had poked a hole. He called up MB&S and asked for advice on how to properly repair it. They told him to send it to them & they repaired it. I asked him how much that had cost him and he told me "just shipping!" I believe they now have a loyal customer for life.

The thing about SIC&Co is that quite a bit of what they supplied was non-regulation, in other words they were not suppliers to the War Dept during the US Civil War-era. Hence, there was a degree of variation vs. Govt patterns in what they sold and shipped to the Confederacy during the early 1860s. The quality of goods brokered by SIC&Co was often sub-standard. However, if the reproduction is from Missouri Boot & Shoe, you can be certain it is a quality product and that they will stand behind it.

Back