Interactions With Slaves

My Union ancestor, who kept a diary in camp at Fort Halleck, Kentucky, in 1863, did not describe any interaction with any individual although Blacks worked in the camp and contrabands were conscripted there. He also attended a local Black church service with the regimental chaplain. He described all of those with negative stereotypes. I did not see any evidence he had volunteered in order to end slavery. I do not agree with his views; I just transcribed them as he wrote them (see my signature).
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top