Immigrants and the 14th Amendment

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Location
Long Island, NY
Last year I decided to focus several blog posts on Immigrants and the 14th amendment. While I was in the middle of my research, Newsday asked me to write an op-ed article on the subject in September, 2015. Around the same time I was invited to deliver a lecture on it at the Westbury Court. In October, I was invited to write about this for the New York Immigration Coalition. Oddly, these efforts took me away from writing about the subject historically. While I continued researching, I found that it was tough to write the blogs I had originally planned. I finally figured out that I could organize the articles by focusing on four immigrants whose work contributed to the passage of the 14th Amendment.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top