Hi

AZsunflower

Cadet
Joined
Oct 14, 2016
I'm new to posting on forums. I just started doing genealogy this year and I'm researching family members from the civil war period. My family comes from the Kentucky and so far I'm finding them on the side of the Union. Yesterday I found a great X2 uncle that died at the Battle of Decatur Alabama on Oct. 1864. I'm trying to build a story around these family members to understand what life was like for them. I look forward to sharing this important period of time with others.
 
Welcome to the forum AZsunflower.

menvalol.jpg
 
Whereabouts in KY? My KY Civil War ancestors lived in Magoffin, Floyd and Morgan counties. If that happens to be your ancestors' neighborhood (Eastern KY), I would be glad to share.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top