Help transcribing

Aaron Vinson

Private
Joined
Mar 16, 2025
Location
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Alright I've shown everyone I know and no one can help at the end so I'll ask maybe one of you who has ready many legible and illegible civil war reports.

What I've got so far "also at Brown's Ferry near Chattanooga Tenn in a (Force??) ?? ?? ?? Oct. 27/63
I think at the line break is a hyphenated word.
Screenshot (211).png
 
Alright I've shown everyone I know and no one can help at the end so I'll ask maybe one of you who has ready many legible and illegible civil war reports.

What I've got so far "also at Brown's Ferry near Chattanooga Tenn in a (Force??) ?? ?? ?? Oct. 27/63
I think at the line break is a hyphenated word.
View attachment 567961

"Chickamauga Ga. Sept. 19 & 20, 1863, also, at Brown's Ferry near Chattanooga Tenn. in a fierce skirmish Oct. 27/63."

The latter action is called the battle of Brown's Ferry, which was engaged on October 27, 1863...
...

1763424094317.png
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top