Help please -Uniform Inquiry?

I agree with all above, except I do not think he is a former prisoner, face too full, neck too thick and the shoulders actually seem to fit. He is leaning on the chair so that he doesn't move a blur the image. Most on here know that there were only four sizes, 1 through 4 and you got what you were issued and if it didn't fit you had to find someone to swap with until it did. Yes I know there were exceptions, but this was mostly the rule; Dave Taylor had a frock a few years ago that belonged to a soldier that was 7' 1"........

I agree that the soldier has turned the collar down and is holding a forage cap. Pants way too large, thank goodness for suspenders, Johan dead on there. I can remember when I first go into reenacting, I tried on a pair of pants way too large and they did bell out like a sailor's.

What a great find! Congratulations!
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top