Good one, or a nice freebie?

Ethan S.

First Sergeant
I got this plate and two bullets today from a guy who lives in Huntington W.Va. He gave me these for free when I went to go and buy some WWII German things from him today, and he gave me this story.

The bullets were eyeballed along the Ohio River in Huntington, a hotspot for Civil War activity. I have no doubts about these, lol! I think the coolest one has to be the sinker that was found along the riverbank.

DSC_0047.jpg

The plate on the other hand has me skeptical but hopeful. He says that he got it from a friend whose gggreat grandfather was in a "Local West Virginia regiment". My guess being the 5th W.Va Vols. But that is a story, and stories should be treated as such until proven otherwise unfortunately. No matter if this is real or not, I'm happy with it, as it was a freebie after all.

DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0045.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg

I know nothing about squat about plates. I do know however that it doesn't have the lead fill above the brass skin as is commonly seen on repros. Other than that, I got nuthin'. :smile:

Nothing wrong with FREE. In looking at the plate IMHO its a repop. Post a photo looking straight down at the back.

Back