Gettysburg Reenactment 2002?

RobertH

Private
I have been wanting to post these photos for a long time. Very curious to see if anybody recognizes anyone in the pics. I took my kids to the reenactment in 2002 I think it was. I'm not sure if the date on the photos is accurate, and this was early days of digital pics. At least for me it was.

There was also a question here recently about using black & white setting on contemp photos to give them an authentic period look - I used a Sepia Tone filter on a couple of these and turned out fairly well. It can be done in Photo shop or a freeware version called Gimp will also work. To get the long hand signature style on the photos I had to download a separate font app to get that.

Resize Wizard-1.jpg

Resize Wizard-1 copy.jpg

General Lee was there, we were camped near his camp site. My sister was with us, she was a History Teacher. She had a spirited debate with the Gen. Lee regarding his decision to leave the Union Army prior to the Civil War. The kids were General Lees Grand Kids. My kids hung out with them a little. I remember them being very polite young people.

100_0292.JPG

100_0299.JPG

100_0301.JPG

100_0302.JPG

Back