Miniatures Gen. George Gordon Meade

rebel brit

Captain
Forum Host
I built this figure of George Meade in approx 2007 . Everything was built from scratch using Milliput and then painted in Enamels.
The rock is one I picked up on my first ever visit to Little Round Top, not knowing if I would ever go again I felt I wanted something as well as the usual Books, Magnets souvenirs etc. I've felt guilty ever since. :whistling:
I'm not even sure that Meade actually stood on Little Round Top, just wanted to do a figure of him and use the stone as a base. Now I'm hooked on Civil War maybe I should redo it as Gen Gouverneur K. Warren .

IMG_45791.jpg

IMG_45771.jpg

IMG_45761.jpg

Nicely done . I can't imagine doing that with Milliput . It's nice to see a general actually moving around . Nearly all commercial kits have them standing stiffly .

Another VERY Nice piece. Hope you and Gill are staying safe and my lips are sealed about the rock :wink:

If you don't mind a suggestion, rather than work on Warren, you might consider Strong Vincent or Patrick O'Rourke. After all, Karl Gerhardt has already done a statue of Warren on Little Round Top.

Back