GAR Kepi

Hey all! Just picked this up and wanted to show you guys. Seems the dye has faded to a greenish color, and the liner has seen better days.
From my research GAR Post 327 was located in Brooklyn, NY and was very active throughout its lifespan!

Kepi 1.jpg

Kepi 1.5.jpg

Kepi 2.jpg

Kepi 3.jpg

Very nice.

But, where did you obtain it? G.A.R. posts were numbered independently by state or Department. Besides Brooklyn's U. S.Grant Post No.327, there were Posts No.327 in Jamestown, Pa., Ravenna, Oh., Trufant, Mi., Rossville, Ks., and any other state that had more than 326 posts (including Ill., Ind., Iowa, and probably others).

Also. Blue dyes made with azurite or copper oxide are notoriously unstable, and tend to turn a dark green over time.

Last edited:
Very nice.

But, where did you obtain it? G.A.R. posts were numbered independently by state or Department. Besides Brooklyn's U. S.Grant Post No.327, there were Posts No.327 in Jamestown, Pa., Ravenna, Oh., Trufant, Mi., Rossville, Ks., and any other state that had more than 326 posts (including Ill., Ind., Iowa, and probably others).

Also. Blue dyes made with azurite or copper oxide are notoriously unstable, and tend to turn a dark green over time.
Ah, my bad. A simple google search lead me to believe it was from there. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Back