Galveston Damage

Joined
Feb 10, 2025
Location
NTX
I was looking into old pictures I had and saw one from the bullock museum, it was a picture a a barrier from the Battle of Galveston. It got me wondering, are there any other known remnants of the battle?

IMG_7691.webp
 
I imagine much of whatever remnants were left would have been destroyed in the Galveston Hurricane of 1900.
 
Last edited:
I think there is a building left downtown that has cannon damage visible.
 
are there any other known remnants of the battle?
I have not seen it, but a friend told me the ship's bell from the Harriat Lane is in a museum. Besides that, the only remnants I am aware of are those at the Texas City Museum posted by @bdtex above. There are several buildings that witnessed the battle and survived. The Hendley Building and the Customs House both played a part during the battle. Ashton Villa is supposed to have been Magruder's headquarters during the battle.

Check out the post made last year.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top