Restricted Florida Interstate Confederate flag news

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
I just seen this news story and it kind of raises eyebrows. The way its written its kind of insinuating this guy was possibly murdered, but he could have died of natural causes for all I know. If he was killed its kind of a disturbing we're at that level of hatred.

This fellow is the one who led an effort to erect a 30 by 50 foot CBF on a Florida Interstate.

Any thoughts?

John Winn

Major
I can't read it without turning off my ad blocker but I was able to find another article and it said authorities do not suspect foul play. So, looks like it was just his time. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the flag (he bragged about "tricking" officials into giving him a permit for it).

Quaama

Sergeant
I'm thinking the police would not bother investigating his death unless there is something suspicious surrounding his death.
Please keep us posted on any new developments.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
This source said nothing about foul play not being suspected. I had feeling it was probably his time, but I don't care for news media being ambiguous and halfway acting like someone's passing is a good thing. Such shenanigans could inspire foul play in the future with a lot of the extremist attitude people around on this subject.

I remember when that flag first went up it was controversial, even getting a write up in I think either America's Civil War or Civil War Times. Seeing a CBF on a flagpole just makes my blood boil. Not because I hate it, but because it don't belong there. If it were any of the CS National flags I would be okay with it and even like it.

I reckon it'll stay up and someone will pick up the torch to keep flying it. Though flags don't last forever and have to be replaced, which is an expensive proposition with that massive banner.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
I found the Tamp article. That's news reporting, that first one I read was written like foul play was involved while saying it was still under investigation. Actually a very good history of the man and how that big CBF came to be. That memorial would look soooo much better to me if it were a gigantic 1st National.