Elijah Pinkney Sexton

CMWinkler

Colonel
Retired Moderator
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Location
Middle Tennessee
I am looking for information on Elijah Pinkney Sexton who I believed is from Cocke County, Tennessee but served in Co. H, 60th NC Infantry as a drummer. He apparently died during the war but I don't know much else about him.

Does anyone know this name or unit?
 
I am looking for information on Elijah Pinkney Sexton who I believed is from Cocke County, Tennessee but served in Co. H, 60th NC Infantry as a drummer. He apparently died during the war but I don't know much else about him.

Does anyone know this name or unit?
I'm sure you have seen this but it's all I've found on fold3 so far:

Expired Image Removed
 
I am looking for information on Elijah Pinkney Sexton who I believed is from Cocke County, Tennessee but served in Co. H, 60th NC Infantry as a drummer. He apparently died during the war but I don't know much else about him.

Does anyone know this name or unit?
The

- North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster: No details on how he died. They fought at Murfreesboro just before he died in March. The regiment winter-quartered at Tullahoma, 1862-1863. The regiment's history says that winter was very hard and many men took sick and died.

Elijah P. Sexton

Residence was not listed;
Enlisted on 9/6/1862 at Cocke County, TN as a Musician.

On 9/6/1862 he mustered into "H" Co. NC 60th Infantry
He died on 3/1/1863
(Estimated day of death, cause unknown)


He was listed as:
* On rolls 9/15/1862 (place not stated)
 
Last edited:
Last edited:

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top