E Harmon Farm

I do not know the acreage or the exact boundaries. I have attached a map of the July 1 battle taken from Codex 99 that clearly shows the Emmanuel Harmon farm buildings due west of Gettysburg. What follows is my best guess. The eastern boundary was Willoughby Run. The fence lines are shown on the map. I am guessing the western boundary was the fence that enters the woodland where Pettigrew's intermediate position is shown. That would not reach Herr's Ridge Road. Perhaps @pamc153PA or @Tom Elmore could weigh in with better information.
http://codex99.com/cartography/images/gettysburg/bachelder_day1_lg.jpg

bachelder_day1_lg.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top