Dare County North Carolina

Has anyone toured the 15 mile Dare County Civil War Trail in Manteo North Carolina? Going on vacation in that area is it worth my time?
If you have a real specific interest in that part of the CW, it might be worthwhile. Otherwise, no.
However, from a general history point of view, a walk around Roanoke Island can give some insights: why "The Lost Colony" decided to get lost, why the British during the War of 1812 couldn't figure out why they had bothered to sail there, why Union soldiers revolted for being garrisoned there, why Freedmen would not stay there, etc................

If you have a real specific interest in that part of the CW, it might be worthwhile. Otherwise, no.
However, from a general history point of view, a walk around Roanoke Island can give some insights: why "The Lost Colony" decided to get lost, why the British during the War of 1812 couldn't figure out why they had bothered to sail there, why Union soldiers revolted for being garrisoned there, why Freedmen would not stay there, etc................
Yeah I think I'm going to check it out going down for vacation and not a big beach guy.

Back