Cucumbers, Fried

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
My Granny always made fried cucumbers. They were so very tasty. Know they been around for many years.

Cucumbers, fried

Pare and lay cucumbers in ice water for half an hour. Cut lengthwise into slices nearly half inch thick, and then lay them in ice water for ten more minutes. Wipe each piece dry with a soft cloth, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with flour. Fry to a delicious brown in hot drippings or lard.

My Granny always made fried cucumbers. They were so very tasty. Know they been around for many years.

Cucumbers, fried

Pare and lay cucumbers in ice water for half an hour. Cut lengthwise into slices nearly half inch thick, and then lay them in ice water for ten more minutes. Wipe each piece dry with a soft cloth, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with flour. Fry to a delicious brown in hot drippings or lard.
got to try this

wow this sounds bizarre and strangely inviting to try!! my daughter absolutely loves cucumber.. she also puts cucumber on her pizza when we make pizzas!! had no clue how it would be with being cooked.. but she loves cucumber pizza!!

Back