Miniatures CSS Charleston Scratch Build

rebelatsea

Captain
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Location
Kent ,England.
I don't have many photos of my ACW miniatures, but here is CSS Charleston as completed, with two Davids for size comparison. Scale: 1/600
PTDC0037.jpg
PTDC0036.jpg
 
Does anyone remember Caldwell's miniatures in Gettysburg ? I was able to get this many years ago . He made each figure individually out of Sculpey , a bakeable modelling clay .

View attachment 328899
I have three of his figures: a standard Confederate artillery officer based on the famous painting by Shephard; an infantryman of the South Carolina Line, ca. 1776; and a not-very-good Marshal Ney I commissioned from him. (Napoleonics weren't his forte.) Chuck used to live in and work in the Dallas area and I got to know him then when he was selling to a local Militaria shop. I've visited him in his Gettysburg location, but it's no longer there, though I caught a glimpse of him there a couple of years ago. He's a WWII vet - Marines, I believe - and so is getting up in years!
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top