Cornerstone Speech Question

rbortega

Corporal
Joined
May 4, 2013
Does anybody know if any Confederate politicians, soldiers, or civilians disagreed with the comments made about slavery and race in Alexander Stephen's Cornerstone Speech during the Civil War? I was wondering because I see occasional comments in the present day about how Stephen's words did not reflect what the Confederacy was supposedly fighting for. However, I can find no war time evidence of anybody disagreeing with his words.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top