Miniatures Confederate Reenactor.

rebel brit

Captain
Forum Host
I scratch built this 120mm figure in 2009 for a competition. I wanted to enter something a little different so that it would stand out from the norm.
Decided to portray him taking a break between battles.

reenactor 1.jpg

reenactor 2.jpg

reenactor 3.jpg

Excellent work.

I think it might be a little less offensive to reenactors (especially overweight ones like myself) if you sculpted and painted him with yellow trim and belt with five pistols hanging out, and two in each boot.

Then he'd be the reenactor everyone in reenacting loves to hate, the dismounted cavalryman.

Still awesome work you did.

Excellent work.

I think it might be a little less offensive to reenactors (especially overweight ones like myself) if you sculpted and painted him with yellow trim and belt with five pistols hanging out, and two in each boot.

Then he'd be the reenactor everyone in reenacting loves to hate, the dismounted cavalryman.

Still awesome work you did.
I hope I haven't offended anyone as that certainly wasn't the intention.
It was after reading Lee's quote ' Soldiers you know are born to suffer and they cannot escape it' that I came up with the idea. This one did escape it by going to McDonalds :D

Would this have been in Military Modelling magazine ?
In answer to your question I couldn't remember which mag it was, so just spent an enjoyable time looking through my old magazines. As I entered it at the Euro Militaire Show and it was awarded 'commended' , my name was listed in the 2009 Special Military Modelling magazine, however no picture :frown:

In answer to your question I couldn't remember which mag it was, so just spent an enjoyable time looking through my old magazines. As I entered it at the Euro Militaire Show and it was awarded 'commended' , my name was listed in the 2009 Special Military Modelling magazine, however no picture :frown:
The details are especially good . The hamburger looks just like the real thing .

I hope I haven't offended anyone as that certainly wasn't the intention.
It was after reading Lee's quote ' Soldiers you know are born to suffer and they cannot escape it' that I came up with the idea. This one did escape it by going to McDonalds :D

You should have used a very common reenactor motto, (at least in my parts especially amongst the artillery), "Death before discomfort!!!!!" on the plaque.

That is so funny. Great Job.

Back