Civil War Ghost Encounters?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Dom71

Sergeant
That one Stanton actually investigated. Members of the 20th Maine claimed to have seen a tall man wearing a tricorn hat riding a white horse (which would be Washington's white war horse Nelson) who directed them to Little Round Top. Chamberlain told Stanton, “We know not what mystic power may be possessed by those who are now bivouacking with the dead. I only know the effect, but I dare not explain or deny the cause." So...basically he didn't know what his men had seen but however it happened they were where they needed to be that day at Gettysburg!
well at least this puts to rest the debate on which side the General would have chose:happy:

Desert Kid

Sergeant Major
well at least this puts to rest the debate on which side the General would have chose:happy:
Washington was a Federalist, which is heavily in line with the Union. But he was a red-blooded Virginian, would be at serious odds against the Confederacy. That's actually a good reflection of Lee's situation.

I've been reading some of spook tales and hauntings at the Hornet's Nest at Shiloh as of late.

NH Civil War Gal

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Washington was a Federalist, which is heavily in line with the Union. But he was a red-blooded Virginian, would be at serious odds against the Confederacy. That's actually a good reflection of Lee's situation.

I've been reading some of spook tales and hauntings at the Hornet's Nest at Shiloh as of late.
Where? What books?

scone

Sergeant Major
Mt. Juliet Tennessee "The City Between The Lakes"
I've never seen any thing … Felt there in many places cold when hot … Rocking chairs move on their on or Like being watched but this is a then story... I think its mental story and you know thinks are about to and will happen … mind plays tricks on us and a inspiration tool yes … Do I believe in ghost? yes I do … George Washington at Gettysburg or Antietam? no Inspiration to the troops I believe … course just my cents … Don't see G W following them maybe local surroundings of death or his battlefields

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!