Cedar Creek

I'm looking forward to it. It's our last event of the year.

we were sent a notice (through our chain of command) they had received a letter threatening bodily harm to participants and that they were increasing security. I have unconfirmed reports that it was sent from a high school in Frederick, that there was no real threat, just a letter, and one is in custody after investigation by the FBI (as Cedar Creek battlefield is a National park). Pranks are all fun and games till the FBI get's involved...

we were sent a notice (through our chain of command) they had received a letter threatening bodily harm to participants and that they were increasing security. I have unconfirmed reports that it was sent from a high school in Frederick, that there was no real threat, just a letter, and one is in custody after investigation by the FBI (as Cedar Creek battlefield is a National park). Pranks are all fun and games till the FBI get's involved...

drezac,

You just be careful and tend to those excellent bronze tubes of yours!

Used to love attending the Ohio Statehouse Encampment and watch you boys go through your paces with those beautiful guns in downtown Columbus.

Pvt Jeremiah T. Hamilton, 76th OVI

aka Unionblue

drezac,

You just be careful and tend to those excellent bronze tubes of yours!

Used to love attending the Ohio Statehouse Encampment and watch you boys go through your paces with those beautiful guns in downtown Columbus.

Pvt Jeremiah T. Hamilton, 76th OVI

aka Unionblue

The Bronze tubes are staying home. We're doing this one with a private gun. We are planning to take the Bronze guns to Gettysburg next year since it's the only National event in 2018. In fact, only one of the guns was on the State House lawn. They are doing stonework where the 12-pdrs sit, once 6-pdr needs carriage work, so they remained in storage this year. the other 6-pdr was removed and placed into storage when all the controversy began for safe keeping.

Last edited:
The Bronze tubes are staying home. We're doing this one with a private gun. We are planning to take the Bronze guns to Gettysburg next year since it's the only National event in 2018

****!

Those bronze tubes are soooo impressive and sound so good!

Used to love to see all the windows in nearby business buildings shake and wobble when you boys fired them downtown.

You stay safe, anyway, OK?

Sincerely,
Unionblue

If there was a threat I suspect they might rethink what they would do when up against a large group with bayonets and cannon......

It was disappointing Chickamauga fell through. We were looking at taking the 2 12-pdrs. Another battery we know has 4 other original guns and we were planning to have a 6-gun battery of original guns in an original configuration....

Back