Cartridge box plate

daniel mc

Cadet
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Hi. I received this as a gift from my dad a few years ago before he passed. Is this item a reproduction or genuine? I tried looking online and I think that it is a cartridge box plate but am unsure. I am unsure because the back of this item does not have the hooks like the others I have seen. Just curious is all. Thank you.
1000024176.jpg


20250823_150513.jpg
 
Don't feel bad, my Dad gave me a few items and they too were not what he thought they were. So much information these days that was not available many years ago.
I think it happens to a lot of us, myself included. My grandfather gave me a fake buckle many years ago. Knowing it's fake only made me dig deeper into collecting and researching
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top