Carrie Sheads

I can source this. One newspaper states Elias built a house for Carrie's school separate from the family home- in the 1920's the writer state's ' Now owned by Leonard Hennig '- and a brick home. Leonard lived there through several census, on Buford Ave but it was originally described as Chambersburg Pike.

1920's census

View attachment 148880
Do you know what newspaper it was? This is very interesting.

Do you know what newspaper it was? This is very interesting.

I found that on a website where Shead family genealogy was collected, seems to be pretty accurate- nearly all clippings even there are from one of the Gettysburg papers? Newspapers dot com carries two Gettysburg papers very helpful to the era. The census information I got from Ancestry myself.

Ah HA!! Got it. 1929 and indeed the Hennig information is in one of the Gettysburg's papers. I've clipped it poorly so cannot tell which, so sorry! This is Elizabeth's death notice.
sheads c1.JPG

There's the Hennig's, still there in 1929

sheads c2.JPG

Robert was wounded at White Oak Swamp, I think? This article fails to see Jacob did succeed in joining eventually.

sheads c3.JPG

I found that on a website where Shead family genealogy was collected, seems to be pretty accurate- nearly all clippings even there are from one of the Gettysburg papers? Newspapers dot com carries two Gettysburg papers very helpful to the era. The census information I got from Ancestry myself.

Ah HA!! Got it. 1929 and indeed the Hennig information is in one of the Gettysburg's papers. I've clipped it poorly so cannot tell which, so sorry! This is Elizabeth's death notice.
View attachment 151749

There's the Hennig's, still there in 1929

View attachment 151750

Robert was wounded at White Oak Swamp, I think? This article fails to see Jacob did succeed in joining eventually.

View attachment 151751
Here is my rough draft on the subject. Let me know what you think.
Sheads1.jpg
Sheads2.jpg

Back