Caption This! 3-30 - 4-6

Dear Maude,
I take pen in hand to tell you All is well, I am alive today. Pray that this war ends soon, and I return home to protect you from invaders.

Invaders? Why, my own countrymen, my neighbors conscripted me! I find myself at a loss for words now, when trying to describe to my wife of forty years what is happening in battle, the exploding cannons, violent bloodshed. These people, Blue and Grey, once brothers, now behave like rabid wolves, without conscience... from the greatest to the least. Woe is me. No! Woe to those who forced me into their war at gunpoint, with threats of hanging me, hanging my entire family! Do they have no fear of the Almighty?
 
These glasses? Well, I am from the future, and living life in reverse time. By the time I'm fixin to die? I'll be a Centurian.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top