Burnside's Bridge Chilmark

I have some duplicates...I wish I could post some kind of fun "contest", like "Trivia", and send one of them to the winner! (Especially here, nitro, where I know it would be appreciated).

Kirkland Washington here, what made you move away? couldn't be the depressingly gray winters would it? I've been here 33 years and I think I've just about had my fill of them.
I moved back to Minnesota at my mother's bequest...she was dying. But, I agree, I've seen enough rain for the rest of my life!:smoke: Now it's time to move East to the battlefields!

I moved back to Minnesota at my mother's bequest...she was dying. But, I agree, I've seen enough rain for the rest of my life!:smoke: Now it's time to move East to the battlefields!

My condolences about your mother, lost mine in 2012.

Yes!!! move back to the fields, I would love to live in Gettysburg or around the Sharpsburg area.....my dream job would be to lead horseback tours.

Thanks...she was a great lady. To see her dying every day was difficult at best--but she was HAPPY! She'd say to me, "I can't explain this experience...it's wonderful!" Wow, I'm getting chills typing this... And, yes, it just might be close to Gettysburg!

Just a few more;
shelfcornfield.JPG

Hi, Mitch; I need 3 surgeries, back/eyes/shoulder replacements, but otherwise...well, you know. Getting older isn't for whimps-said Bette Davis. Fran Barnum died a few months ago--he called me the night before he died. Sad. But he lived a good life-90...Want another Chilmark (I have a few duplicates), and the only family I have is my older brother and older sister, who are not into the Civil War, so...just let me know. I haven't been on the site here for a long time. Congrats on your promotion! Randy

Hi, Mitch; I need 3 surgeries, back/eyes/shoulder replacements, but otherwise...well, you know. Getting older isn't for whimps-said Bette Davis. Fran Barnum died a few months ago--he called me the night before he died. Sad. But he lived a good life-90...Want another Chilmark (I have a few duplicates), and the only family I have is my older brother and older sister, who are not into the Civil War, so...just let me know. I haven't been on the site here for a long time. Congrats on your promotion! Randy
Hi Randy! Long time no see. So glad to hear from you here. Please check in from time to time and let us know how your surgeries go. Are you still planning to move back east?

Getting old is no picnic,i hardly get out of the house with all the problems i have,it never ends.between my wife and me we are always in the doctors office.

Getting old is no picnic,i hardly get out of the house with all the problems i have,it never ends.between my wife and me we are always in the doctors office.
I know it well, my friend...Do you still want a duplicate Chilmark that I have?

and congratulations on the find, 20 years? Treasure it.....and don't consider yourself to be showing off, you're sharing a treasure with us other Civil War obsessives.
I have another Burnside's Bridge --am willing to sell. It's as perfect as the one in my living room. Will part with it--"Barney," as his friends (me included) , called him--he called me the day before he died. This piece is stunning to say the least.

Hi Randy! Long time no see. So glad to hear from you here. Please check in from time to time and let us know how your surgeries go. Are you still planning to move back east?
Thank you so very much, Laur...I will do just that. (I apologize, I have forgotten the rest of your name:frown: I've been off this site for far too long.) I hope I'm welcome back. :notworthy:

Back