Book Suggestions

Ian.a8404

Private
output_image1617217260923.jpg

I wanted to share this book series I found with you guys. It was in a Habitat for Humanity of all places. It seems like it would be really helpful in identifying relics. Just wanted to pass it along.

I found the Time-Life series The Civil War at a resale shop. I purchased these 22 books for $20. Amazon says there are 28 books and I can get them for under $5 apiece.
I picked up the volume on TN and it is well written by a historian and lavishly illustrated with wonderful maps. It was very enjoyable to read.
These books are from 1985 but I think there is much to be learned from them and the maps alone are a great all around reference. If you get a chance to pick these up, don't pass it by.

IMG_20210805_143434679.jpg

DixieRifles

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
I found the Time-Life series The Civil War at a resale shop. I purchased these 22 books for $20. Amazon says there are 28 books and I can get them for under $5 apiece.
Good deal. Some 15-20 years ago, I would pick them up for $5. Sometimes B&N stores would have them on sale at that price. I only have the ones about the Western Theater ---and Gettysburg. These are great books and I always recommend them to someone just beginning to read about the War. I like how they have photos of actual uniforms and equipment and not just artwork and sketches.

Good deal. Some 15-20 years ago, I would pick them up for $5. Sometimes B&N stores would have them on sale at that price. I only have the ones about the Western Theater ---and Gettysburg. These are great books and I always recommend them to someone just beginning to read about the War. I like how they have photos of actual uniforms and equipment and not just artwork and sketches.
Yes, sometimes the books I read assume you know things or don't have any maps ( esp if audio.) I'm glad I saw them. Too bad they were selling them as singles so they were not all there. Great reference material to have on hand.