Book on the Confederacy.

I am starting my library and am looking for a historically accurate book on the Confederacy. I already have one picked out for the Union, but am lost in the volumes that have been written. My heritage is Southern, but I have an open mind and do not want a political book that argues one side. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I am starting my library and am looking for a historically accurate book on the Confederacy. I already have one picked out for the Union, but am lost in the volumes that have been written. My heritage is Southern, but I have an open mind and do not want a political book that argues one side. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Try the 2 volume "History of the Confederacy" by Jefferson Davis.it does have a southern slant but it will give you a good starting point.

Try the 2 volume "History of the Confederacy" by Jefferson Davis.it does have a southern slant but it will give you a good starting point.
I agree, it's a bit dry, but if you want to understand the Confederate States from the point of view of an insider, you can't do any better than the history written by the sole President of the CS.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)