Lee Best Lee Reenactor

gentlemanrob

Major
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Location
Upcountry South Carolina
This past weekend I had the honor to listen to David Chaltas as General Robert E. Lee. The event was my SCV camp's annual Lee - Jackson Banquet our camp holds every year in January. I had seen Mr. Chaltas many times at Aiken and some of the other reenactments but I had never heard him speak. To me he is the best Robert E. Lee I have ever seen. Mr. Chaltas is also a gifted author and has several books. This was my first time hearing someone speak as General Lee but I have met several other General Lee reenactors. One I met at Battle of Broxton Bridge last year. a couple of years ago I met a General Lee reenactor in Abingdon Virginia at that reenactment. How many Different General Lee reenactors have you met? I would say by far my favorite is David Chaltas.
 
Hmm. I wonder if this was him at the Franklin TN show last December? Didn't get a chance to chat with him.

20211204_111907.jpg
 
This past weekend I had the honor to listen to David Chaltas as General Robert E. Lee. The event was my SCV camp's annual Lee - Jackson Banquet our camp holds every year in January. I had seen Mr. Chaltas many times at Aiken and some of the other reenactments but I had never heard him speak. To me he is the best Robert E. Lee I have ever seen. Mr. Chaltas is also a gifted author and has several books. This was my first time hearing someone speak as General Lee but I have met several other General Lee reenactors. One I met at Battle of Broxton Bridge last year. a couple of years ago I met a General Lee reenactor in Abingdon Virginia at that reenactment. How many Different General Lee reenactors have you met? I would say by far my favorite is David Chaltas.
my favorite General Lee reenactor was Robert Moates who passed away in 2009.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top