Battle Update

Update on the Battle of Who Held the Legal and Moral Highground in the Events Leading up to The War of the Rebellion:

McLeroy's BlackIrish Brigade, having successfully held off a combined land/sea offensive by Goodwin's 17th Mississippi and the CSCGC Tamaora, B. Doherty commanding, throughout much of the spring and early summer, has finally received reenforcements. With the recent addition of Hamilton's Unionblue Brigade, the newly inspired Union side has completely silenced the enemy. Union leadership during this campaign has been masterful and inspiring - stories of McLeroy's lawyer-like arguments and Hamilton's all-night strategy sessions have become legendary - and has left the Tamaroa floundering on the rocks and the famed 17th Mississippi too bloodied and shaken to help it. Three cheers for our boys in blue!

(Ok I gotta get back to work now (blush), you all have a great weekend)

Jim

(Message edited by jgallagher109 on June 28, 2002)

(Message edited by jgallagher109 on June 28, 2002)

Jim a Union newspaper columnist keeping us informed of the latest!! Hmmm....I am a spy in all of this not sure what role the others are playing!!
happy.gif

Yes I had you pegged for a spy all along Terry; say, can you tell me where Stuart's run off to?

I think, after catching up on recent posts this morning, that the new headline should read, "Rebels Resurgent!" (I know I'm stealing this from Time-Life books..). Seems the rebs are resorting to guerilla warfare! New "nomadic" rebel companies and everything!

Well it's fun to watch and right now my wife is tapping on the window for me to "come outside already!" - gorgeous day here in ol' Yankee New England... Hope everyone's taking this in the spirit in which it was intended :wink:

Jim

Jim I really enjoyed that post and it quite funny and entertaining.
happy.gif

You are right about the Rebs making a stand.I will have to keep an eye on them!
Think maybe that is where Stuart went off to do.He recruited more rebels.LOL

Jim....Well, I do believe ole Stuart was off having a little ruckus with Kill-patrick over yonder at Hanover, Penn. this morning. If it be 1863 perchance. :D

Well, old buddy Union reporter playing spy...
An update on OldReb and the "shaken troops" under his command, the fantastic fightin' 17th Mississippi.
We have been on furlough. We took a couple of days off, refreshed ourselves with open air, sunshine, cool water and more than a couple of adult beverages and we return to the firing line fit as a fiddle and lookin' hard for a scrap.

Today, in history, the Confederate forces under General Robert E. Lee moved into a small Pennsylvania town called Gettysburg, running into some small skirmish troops under a former Indian fighter named John Buford. Not much to write home about. Had them on the run by nightfall.

In another part of the war, however, a hard-fighting, hard-drinking yankee general named Useless S. (oops, meant Ulyses S.) Grant had the city of Vicksburg Mississippi [my beautiful home state] completely surrounded and was hammering it into rubble.

I intend to take the fight to the offenders, like Lee and Grant (note, I give credit where credit is due, I don't like Grant, but I give him credit as a pretty da*n good general, as long as the troops are provided to be Confederate Cannon Fodder), I will take the "side of the Lord" to those who need educating, learning, and fact-providing. (are ya listenin' Union Blue?)

Glad to be back, my friends. Where shall we start!?

my best regards
OldReb

Jim, Keep them reports coming! Can't wait to ram home a few cartridges and take aim at them 'refreshed' 17th MS boys! Unionblue is still on the line and waiting for the next scrap. And I am real sure the Black Irish brigade is still in top form.

Welcome back Ron, now down Reb!

Unionblue

Hmmmm,I am a spy and now I learn from oldreb Jim is also a spy!!!! I Gotta watch Jim too now!So I will wait to see who makes the first flanking maneuver oldreb or unionblue.If it gets to be a rout I shall make a call for reinforcements.
I tell you Lincoln wants to know every detail and I am reading and watching the posts!!!

(Message edited by terchris on July 02, 2002)

Back