Asking for help again. Great uncle

timberjack86

Private
Joined
Oct 11, 2020
I'm trying to find any information on my great uncle I can. I did find this on ancestry. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
NameFrancis L Foutch
Enlistment Date15 May 1861
Enlistment RankPrivate
Muster Date15 May 1861
Muster PlaceTennessee
Muster CompanyA
Muster Regiment7th Infantry
Muster Regiment TypeInfantry
Muster InformationEnlisted
Side of WarConfederacy
 
Ok, I went ahead and just bought the fold 3 membership. Here's what I found, he was captured in Pickett's charge at Gettysburg and was sent to fort Delaware as a POW. He was present for all the battles leading up to Gettysburg and more than likely fought for Stonewall Jackson a time or two! He remained a POW for the rest of the war after Gettysburg. What a story he could have told!
 
I'm trying to find any information on my great uncle I can. I did find this on ancestry. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
NameFrancis L Foutch
Enlistment Date15 May 1861
Enlistment RankPrivate
Muster Date15 May 1861
Muster PlaceTennessee
Muster CompanyA
Muster Regiment7th Infantry
Muster Regiment TypeInfantry
Muster InformationEnlisted
Side of WarConfederacy
 
Ok, I went ahead and just bought the fold 3 membership. Here's what I found, he was captured in Pickett's charge at Gettysburg and was sent to fort Delaware as a POW.
That's cool. It is sad to read about an ancestor who was taken prisoner— or in some cases KIA —at a battle but it pretty much guarantees he fought at that battle. Otherwise, all you know is he was present in the company at the end of the pay period.
 
Screenshot_20221220-123531.png
Screenshot_20221220-123711.png
Screenshot_20221220-123815.png
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top