Appomattox 2017

White Flint Bill

Sergeant
With this year's events set to commence this weekend, I reckon it's about time I shared some photos from last year.

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

I like the pictures.I do have some questions ,Did Lee bring with him any staff members when he meet Grant?Who is the gentlemen in the chair ? He seems to be out of place,as does all those Confederate soldiers on the pouch[SIXTH PICTURE DOWN} The pictures of Lee on his sorrel are very good , just as in the pictures of the real RE Lee,.

I like the pictures.I do have some questions ,Did Lee bring with him any staff members when he meet Grant?Who is the gentlemen in the chair ? He seems to be out of place,as does all those Confederate soldiers on the pouch[SIXTH PICTURE DOWN} The pictures of Lee on his sorrel are very good , just as in the pictures of the real RE Lee,.

Colonel Charles Marshall was the only staff officer who accompanied General Lee. Only the 5th photo is from the actual reenactment of the surrender.

Looks like a GREAT event and it appears that a good time was had by all. Hope y'all another great event this year. Please don't wait a whole year to post the photos.
cshistorymonth.jpg

Confederate history month???

Yes there is and its still Celebrated here in the South and Confederate Memorial Day is still a PAID State holiday here in Alabama April 23. 6 other Southern States also have the same day but a few different dates.

cshistorymonth.jpg

Yes there is and its still Celebrated here in the South and Confederate Memorial Day is still a PAID State holiday here in Alabama April 23. 6 other Southern States also have the same day but a few different dates.

View attachment 182823
LOVE IT!!! BTW-Thanks for the link by the flag...sent an email regarding my husband's Va. Civil war veteran's family! History RULES!

Back