Anyone But Sedgwick

MikeyB

Sergeant
If Hooker entrusts anyone but Sedgwick to lead the Fredericksburg wing at Chancellorsville, is Lee's army destroyed and its Joe's name that goes down in the every day history books and not Grant's?

Choices:
Reynolds
Couch
Sickles
Meade
Howard
Slocum

OK maybe not Howard, but anyone else?

Sedgwick had the largest corps and was the senior corps commander, wasn't he?

Who has Hooker's confidence in April 1863?

Reynolds would probably have been the best choice.

you are correct, i can't figure out how to change it, moderator help please!
I think you should still be able to fix it yourself: At the top of the thread you should see in blue the word unwatch and three dots ...
Click on the dots and a pulldown will appear; click on edit thread and a window will open allowing you to correct the title.

Sedgwick was senior to Reynolds. The senior corps commander in the army at the time was Couch. I believe order of rank was:

Couch
Slocum
Sedgwick
Reynolds
Meade
Sickles
Howard

I will defend Sedgwick some here. The difficulty in communicating between Hooker's wing of the army back and forth to Sedgwick made things nearly impossible. Sedgwick was getting contradictory information and what that ended up doing is basically make him give the shrug emoji and sit still.

But Uncle John was slow. He was always slow. Basically he was picked because he had the largest corps so they had the best chance of surviving fighting on their own with no support.

If Hooker entrusts anyone but Sedgwick to lead the Fredericksburg wing at Chancellorsville, is Lee's army destroyed and its Joe's name that goes down in the every day history books and not Grant's?

Choices:
Reynolds
Couch
Sickles
Meade
Howard
Slocum

OK maybe not Howard, but anyone else?

Couch. Just to get him away from hooker.

I will defend Sedgwick some here. The difficulty in communicating between Hooker's wing of the army back and forth to Sedgwick made things nearly impossible. Sedgwick was getting contradictory information and what that ended up doing is basically make him give the shrug emoji and sit still.

But Uncle John was slow. He was always slow. Basically he was picked because he had the largest corps so they had the best chance of surviving fighting on their own with no support.
He was supposed to come to the aid of the rest of the army? How about hooker growing a pair?

Back