Impressions A Poncho in Spring!

I got a chance to take a walk in the park this last weekend, and try out my new Gum Blanket, with poncho hook from The Badge Maker. It didn't rain as much as I expected, so this was mostly an exercise in fashion than practicality. That did mean I was able to get some decent pictures however. As you can see, I went generic Union soldier on this one, hence my Kepi, and as you can't see I'm wearing my "new" lined sack coat.

IMG_1731.jpeg

8B58DC6F-4ABE-46CF-840F-40880DDA8231.jpeg

Last edited:
Some close ups of the poncho hook from The Badge Maker, and some of the original poncho hooks. Not just a great reproduction but a very practical gizmo for turning your gum blanket into a poncho without having to put a hole in it. It can be used for other things too, you could probably hook multiple blankets together in the manner of shelter halves if you wanted (though doing that with the reproductions would get pricy quickly!).
IMG_9064.JPG
IMG_9062.JPG

121053.jpg

Mike’s book on Rubber items in the war era is a great resource, it’s a pretty definitive work on the subject. I learned of the poncho hook from it! Being able to have a rubber blanket for a ground cloth ect that is also a poncho is going to be useful, I think.

Some close ups of the poncho hook from The Badge Maker, and some of the original poncho hooks. Not just a great reproduction but a very practical gizmo for turning your gum blanket into a poncho without having to put a hole in it. It can be used for other things too, you could probably hook multiple blankets together in the manner of shelter halves if you wanted (though doing that with the reproductions would get pricy quickly!).
View attachment 398596View attachment 398595
View attachment 398597
Never seen these before. Cool little gizmo.

Back