A Juneteenth Message!

Firstly, Happy Juneteenth everyone! As the pandemic has rather put a damper on other forms of celebration of this event, I decided to instead make this statement on Juneteenth's history and what it means to us in 2020.

Here's the video.

I chose to appear as a soldier of 1865, with Lincoln mourning badge. You can't see it but the picture frame has a tintype of mom & I in it. Have a fun & safe weekend all!

Mrs. V

2nd Lieutenant
Well, since no one else has commented on your post, I will get the ball rolling here. I found your speech to be very insightful. And as others have compare you to Lincolns son..well, I do believe you could portray a period politician with ease. You make me proud.

JD Mayo

Retired User
Cool video liked the way how you have it historical setting and in uniform. I've notice a orb at the 1:35 mark lol. I am glad that Juneteeth is finally being recognized as a holiday now. Glad that some of my ancestors freed them before the civil war started to! Two of my ancestors freed one 80 slaves and my profile photo 165 slaves total! But they where in freed states Missouri and Arkansas and their family's took really good care of them and didn't treat them badly. They where not the white hate people either.

Mrs. V

2nd Lieutenant
Cool video liked the way how you have it historical setting and in uniform. I've notice a orb at the 1:35 mark lol. I am glad that Juneteeth is finally being recognized as a holiday now. Glad that some of my ancestors freed them before the civil war started to! Two of my ancestors freed one 80 slaves and my profile photo 165 slaves total! But they where in freed states Missouri and Arkansas and their family's took really good care of them and didn't treat them badly. They where not the white hate people either.
That is a chair and table that my Aunt had and we inherited. The tintype in frame is of my son and myself. Candle just kinda fit, you know? When I did my musical presentation it was from the same chair!

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Firstly, Happy Juneteenth everyone!

So sorry to have missed this ( I miss a LOT ), but glad the thread made it back around in ' new posts '. Thanks very much for sharing- we really, really need more of these. Remember being confused as a young adult ( awhile ago.... ) having only heard of Juneteenth for the first time, wondering where on earth this celebration had been missed along the road in my education, you know? Seemed so crazy! Well it was.

Not any more, thankfully. Happy Juneteenth back albeit late. Maybe not. Just did a thread on Christmas on the grounds it's all so crazy out there we could use some Christmas. So Juneteenth, another day we could use more of.