1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

A female engineer

Discussion in 'Civil War History - General Discussion' started by major bill, Dec 5, 2017.

1. major bill

major bill Lt. Colonel Forum Host

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Cavalry Charger

Cavalry Charger 2nd Lieutenant

Aww...you can't leave the story there @major bill . What happened? Do you have the rest of the clipping? I'd love to hear how this one worked out for the young couple :wink:

4. JPK Huson 1863

JPK Huson 1863 Colonel Forum Host

Right? " Although Marion had informed her parents....... ". Drat it Major Bill, you could hold the next clipping to ransom.

5. major bill

I will see if I can find it. I lost the thumb dive all these newspaper clips were on, I left the thumb drive at the library. However I down loaded some to my laptop and some I emailed to myself.

6. Gladys Hodge Sherrer

Gladys Hodge Sherrer Sergeant

WOW! She would have been rebuilding bridges over rivers not far from my gr-gr-grandparents' farm! I love this story, but where is the rest?

7. major bill

I think this is the rest of the article. My problem being when I emailed myself the clips I already had them on a thumb drive and the emailed clips were an attempt to get a better image. Great but I did not include the name and date of the Detorit newspaper this came from. When I lost the thumb dive I lost exactly where the article came from. The Detroit newspapers are indexed and perhaps I could find the newspaper and date with a half hour of digging.

women 9.jpg

8. Gladys Hodge Sherrer

Gladys Hodge Sherrer Sergeant

Where is the LOVE button when I need one???? What a great story!

9. Cavalry Charger

Cavalry Charger 2nd Lieutenant

If I'm reading this correctly her lover gave her up, I'm guessing for her own safety and no other reason, and thankfully she seems to have forgiven him for that. The main thing is they survived, got together, and hopefully lived happily ever after :smile: Great story @major bill . Always love reading about these strong and determined women.

10. WJC

WJC Moderator Moderator

Great story! Thanks for posting!

11. Aussie Billy Sherman

Aussie Billy Sherman First Sergeant

12. mofederal

mofederal 2nd Lieutenant

That was a story for the heart, and for some of us the mind. I am just glad you found the rest of the story. The suspense was telling. Love was going to find a way somehow. Thanks for the suspenseful thread @major bill.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)