Trivia 11-18-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Joined
Apr 1, 1999
Location
West By God Virginia
I was born in Massachusetts and was a graduate of West Point. I served in the Mexican War and was brevetted twice for bravery . I joined the Confederacy and it is said that Shiloh was my finest hour . My son helped John Wilkes Booth escape. Who am I ?


*hint* My son was born in 1844 at a remote Great Lakes post where I was serving as a lieutenant.


credit: @KurtG
 
I was born in Massachusetts and was a graduate of West Point. I served in the Mexican War and was brevetted twice for bravery . I joined the Confederacy and it is said that Shiloh was my finest hour . My son helped John Wilkes Booth escape. Who am I ?


*hint* My son was born in 1844 at a remote Great Lakes post where I was serving as a lieutenant.

credit: @KurtG
Brigadier General Daniel Ruggles (1810-1897).
Source: "BG Daniel Ruggles", Find A Grave. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/11069/daniel-ruggles
Source: Emily Riippa, "
Flashback Friday: Aiding and Abetting an Assassin", Michigan Tech Archive Blog.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top