ENDED Zouave, Austrian Lorenz, Mississippi Rifle

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL_Rebel

Cadet
Hi I am looking for a reproduction Zouave, Austrian Lorenz, Mississippi rifle, it does not have to look the absolute best just as long as everything works. Used preferably but will entertain new rifles as well. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
You know I came across this sight while looking a little while back and I just am unsure about it. Yes it's a awesome price but I like many others have heard bad things about Indian made replica muskets/rifles, I'm not saying that it's unfit for any use and I have also heard some good things about people that have owned a few Indian made muskets/rifles, I just don't believe I'll buy one until I get to see and hold one personally and talk to the owner that runs the business. I am weird about that I guess lol but I do like to you know check out something in person before committing to buying, and talking to the owner of the business would make me feel a lot better about the purchase. But I sure do appreciate you helping me out and if I can get a hold of one and take a look and get a feel of it I more than likely will purchase because hey again that is a good price for the gun.

While the pictured burst arm was not sold by Veteran Arms it is an Indian made arm. I have owned Loyalist Arms Lorenz S/N 2; it now resides in a museum not likely to be fired.

Make no mistake that India can make excellent arms; but that is not what is being imported. What are being imported are decorative pieces NOT firearms, they are not manufactured with touchholes drilled. They are not being manufactured as firearms. But they are being sold as such. So if the manufacturer is not selling them as firearms but the seller is...

"You get what you pay for" & "Let the buyer beware" are perfectly valid suggestions. I will not tell someone not to purchase from Veteran Arms but I will tell them I prefer to spend my coin elsewhere.

The pictures below... well it is said a picture is worth a thousand words.
Burst Lorenz.jpg
Burst Lorenz2.jpg

Yeah that does look kind of bad there, and I'd prefer not to have a weapon go boom like that whilst I'm holding it. I am mainly looking used rifles so I can work on a project I have in mind, and those all have just about the parts I need I'm just trying to get it done for cheap but I have already come to terms that if I cannot get em then I will build from scratch. However that may run somewhere between 800 and 1000 dollars, but if I gotta then I gotta you know lol.

I have seen some firearms accidents, but that is a new one. I know I would be contacting someone. It bothered me that they were smoothbores. When I want a repro, I would expect a .54 or .58 barrel full functioning rifle. India has produced some good products, but that is not one. I believe I'll stick with Italy. I hope no one was hurt, if a person could find a good barrel somewhere. I did notice they listed something about faux antique option, now that was scary.

I have previously owned a 1728 French Marine musket from Loyalist Arms and I was really disappointed. The stock was very cheap, soft wood and the lock was a mess. Screws cutting through the metal with the threads showing, wrong frizzen (mine had one for a Brown Bess oddly enough...), it was just sad to look at and I ended up selling it "as is" to someone who planned on fixing the mistakes. I will never order another musket produced in India, while I know that there are some "diamonds in the rough", to me, it's a safer idea to just order one made in Italy than to waste money on a gamble from India.

I am looking forward to seeing how Pedersoli's new Lorenz fairs, hopefully the price will drop a little from what I've seen listed so far but either way, can't wait to get my hands on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back