• Welcome to CivilWarTalk, a forum about the American Civil War! - Join today! It's fast, simple, and FREE!
  • The Event Wire - Information
    ► This Forum is for Posting Civil War Event Information
    ► Events Could Include: Reenactments, Living Histories,
        Round Tables, Battlewalks, Shows, Lectures & More
    ► Post Advance Schedules Up to 1 Year in Advance
    ► Also: Post Your Event Photos, Reviews, & Wrap-Ups
    Please Keep Reenactment Discussions in Proper Forum!

Zoar this year, who is next again?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Mrs. V

First Sergeant
I want to contact the event coordinator for whatever venue trades off with zoar. I got invited to sing/provided entertainment for Zoar in 2 years, working on that with someone there. But I would love to hone the presentation next year.

Suggestions?

captaindrew

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I want to contact the event coordinator for whatever venue trades off with zoar. I got invited to sing/provided entertainment for Zoar in 2 years, working on that with someone there. But I would love to hone the presentation next year.

Suggestions?
What time of year is that event? How for are you willing to travel?

byron ed

2nd Lieutenant
I want to contact the event coordinator for whatever venue trades off with zoar. I got invited to sing/provided entertainment for Zoar in 2 years, working on that with someone there. But I would love to hone the presentation next year.Suggestions?
Would that be the Zoar, Ohio (an hour or so South of Cleveland) reenactment that just occurred this past weekend? (Sept 21-22, 2019) Well also this past weekend, and slated for the same weekend next year, is the VanRaalte Civil War Muster in Holland, Michigan; about 7 hours from there. They engage a period brass band for daytime and a string band for the Sat. night Ball, but it so happens there's a strong contingent of experienced reenactor musicians (string band) that play in the camps several hours later Sat. night, if honing is what you're looking for.

Last edited:

drezac

Sergeant
Forum Host
1/2 way between Sherman and Sheridan, Rushville,OH
If you are talking about the same area, that would be Ft. Laurens in Bolivar. They do Revolutionary war, and they alternate years with Zoar. Sorry, but I don't know who does that one, but it is an Ohio History Connection Site, so they may have some information on it.