Zatarain

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Zatarain is a food and spice Company based in New Orleans, Louisiana. It was started by Emile A. Zatarain, Sr. in 1889. He first began to market root beer.

He then expanded to mustards, pickled vegetables and extracts. He also started producing spices and became known for his New Orleans and Cajun style products.

The company was acquired by McCormick and Company in 2003. The company offers Cajun and Creole cuisine related foods.

Their main products are:

Crab and Shrimp Boils.

Creole Mustard

Fish-Fri, seasoned cornmeal

Ready to serve dinners including gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice and black beans and rice.

Seasonings, including cayenne pepper, root beer extract and mixed blends made popular by Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse.

They still manufacture root beer extract for home brewing.

Zatarain is a food and spice Company based in New Orleans, Louisiana. It was started by Emile A. Zatarain, Sr. in 1889. He first began to market root beer.

He then expanded to mustards, pickled vegetables and extracts. He also started producing spices and became known for his New Orleans and Cajun style products.

The company was acquired by McCormick and Company in 2003. The company offers Cajun and Creole cuisine related foods.

Their main products are:

Crab and Shrimp Boils.

Creole Mustard

Fish-Fri, seasoned cornmeal

Ready to serve dinners including gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice and black beans and rice.

Seasonings, including cayenne pepper, root beer extract and mixed blends made popular by Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse.

They still manufacture root beer extract for home brewing.
Tony Chachere's is the only real competition for Zatarain. I hope I spelled Tony's last name right. My wife's family is from Louisiana and they prefer Tony Chachere's spices and seasonings.

Last edited:
Are you referring to a new bathing suit.

As I don't often go to the beach or pool on account of being a shade paler than Casper the Ghost, the bathing suit isn't the issue. I have some cute summer dresses and shorts that require a certain level of trimness, so I'm more conscientious about what I eat come the warmer months.

As I don't often go to the beach or pool on account of being a shade paler than Casper the Ghost, the bathing suit isn't the issue. I have some cute summer dresses and shorts that require a certain level of trimness, so I'm more conscientious about what I eat come the warmer months.
Okay Casper,I don'the think the Florida sun would agree with you.a lot of SPF50.

Back