NF Youtube Civil War Series by Warhawk

Non-Fiction

Taylin

Sergeant
Warhawk Youtube Channel

I've enjoyed every video so far produced by this channel, they provide animated and narrated maps of battles as well as troop movements and developments leading up to the battles. As of this post they have made videos on Bull Run, Wilson's Creek, Ball's Bluff, Belmont, Mill Springs and just today Fort Henry. The series is made in chronological order, each video being 15-25 minutes long so far. If you like the Battlefields Trust videos you're sure to like this.

An extract from a statement made on their discord server reads: "We are planning on making videos for every major and semi-major battles in the American Civil War."

I know a good deal of you will enjoy this series so and not seeing any post yet on it I decided to share.

EDIT: The colors of the units apparently reflect their uniform colors and not their allegiances

Last edited:
Subscribed!
Thank you, Taylin, for sharing this. (It's a very short ride from animated maps to simulation gaming. If you have any interests in the latter, stop by the Games & Miniatures forum sometime!)

@rebel brit , @Luke Freet , @dgfred , @rpkennedy , @Lemmiwinks , @Gavrilo Sartorys , @Lubliner and any other 'battles-hounds' here not crossing my mind at the moment - you will definitely be wanting to check this out. The narrator does a horribly noticeable butchery of some names, but the map animations go a long way toward making up for this. :D

Here is a sample:

Back