Lincoln Young Abraham Lincoln? Or not?

Has anyone studied this picture of a young man, who some claim is Lincoln? I came across this image the other day. Some believe it's the first known photo of Lincoln and others say it is not. Thoughts?

View attachment 384820

View attachment 384821

View attachment 384822
Its the nose! If you take pictures of yourself or anyone and place them next to each other would the nose be the same {pictures of the person as the same Apr Age of this person}If the noses are different then no. But if they are alike ,yes. You could take the picture to a facial surgeon and ask that are or are not the same. If same you may process a small wealth. The eyes would be the factor that could cause me to have second thoughts. If the eyes could be determined to be the same position then as with the nose then this picture would be of Lincoln. All of the pictures show Lincoln as being the man he was, ambitious with the last of a man having achieved his goal and of great maturity. Wish there had been photo in time the founders it would be interesting to do this with their phots. Could it be done with portraits?

Its the nose! If you take pictures of yourself or anyone and place them next to each other would the nose be the same {pictures of the person as the same Apr Age of this person}If the noses are different then no. But if they are alike ,yes. You could take the picture to a facial surgeon and ask that are or are not the same. If same you may process a small wealth. The eyes would be the factor that could cause me to have second thoughts. If the eyes could be determined to be the same position then as with the nose then this picture would be of Lincoln. All of the pictures show Lincoln as being the man he was, ambitious with the last of a man having achieved his goal and of great maturity. Wish there had been photo in time the founders it would be interesting to do this with their phots. Could it be done with portraits?

Here is a site arguing that the OP face is authentic. Don’t think so. https://www.lincolnportrait.com/

This is the original pose of the OP:
View attachment 385403

Now, read the company heading at top. It is backwards. I flipped it here. This is correct image of somebody.
View attachment 385404
Compare that to this authenticated one:
View attachment 385405
Differences...
1. Hair parted on wrong side.
2. Lincoln possesses no double chin.
3. The OP image does not show Lincoln’s hallmark mole in his right facial crease.( so evident here)
4. Hair style looks “glued down” in first one, and eyes are not deeply inset, as Lincoln’s are.

Don’t know what the lincolnportrait.com is trying to sell, but I ain’t buyin’....
I found it interesting upon researching that some would say it was confirmed as Lincoln and others say absolutely not. I would say no, it's not him.

She did that joke back in early '70's. Got in trouble for it if I recall

D
I see. I've heard that line b4 but I didn't know who said it first. So how did she get in trouble for it, did the Chinese government ban her from entering their country?

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

I dont know. She faced a backlash but being a comic its not surprising. Remember the story about the guy who mouthed off after Lincoln's assassination; "Did you hear Abe's last joke...." A crowd almost lynched him.So opening one's mouth and inserting both feet is nothing new. I tend to think our collectives skins are getting thinner as time passes. If you read newspaper from the past out and out slander waa widely published. Zachary Taylor was called a "carbunkle faced old drunkard..." And Lincoln was called every name in the book. "baboon" and "gorilla" were heaped on him. And Mary was dubbed a "she wolf" "harpie" and other nastiness. IMHO the more we change the more we stay the same.

A Lincoln I just received ,,,,,,,,,, age unknown ! at this time

campaign.jpg

Back