You Know You're Preoccupied By The Civil War When;

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
1559039216133.png

So- this thread is dedicated to the ' Whifty ' in all of us, the preoccupied person whose mind is endlessly shifting through dates, times, people, battles, genealogies and events to the point where there is sometimes little room left 'up there' for anything else.

I'm a major offender. SO easily distracted anyway, my head is pretty much constantly filled with conversation having to do with History, the Civil War, what happened over there in that house I'm driving by 150 years ago, wonder which regiment was mustered here and where's the local cemetery. Ok, so maybe some of this would have happened whether or not the Civil War was cluttering things up, up there but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You know you're seriously preoccupied by the Civil War when:

You've owned your car for 4 years and just discovered the ashtray last week.

A very nice lady stops you in Target, has a super conversation, asks about your husband, children, the family dog, scolds you nicely for not calling her when you said you would then hugs you and leaves- and you have NO idea who the blazes that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you notice you've bought so many CW books, there's nothing else on your book shelf.

When most of your critters are named after CW generals...and most of your kids.

When you're more interested in where they're staging the latest CW re-enactment than where they're putting that dad-blamed new asphalt plant.

When you look up from the computer screen and realize winter left some time ago!

You drive by a field and can "see" the lines of brave soldiers moving in line and the artillery lined up at the woodline.
And it's not even a Civil War battlefield.

OMG. I'm not the only one!

You plan your funeral to include several famous lines from dead Civil War generals--and wonder if you can include something telling Hill to come up. (Thanks to Pam for the inspiration.....)

Back