You Know You're Preoccupied By The Civil War When;

Last one, I promise: When your wife sees you staring at the ceiling, obviously deep in thought, and she asks which battlefield you are at.

No, don't feel like there's a limit- you sound like you have 20 of them daily.

Well, I was watching a show and told my husband, "that bit in the horse's mouth isn't historically accurate." He said, "no one but you would know that!" Oh, but we do!!!

You have a very nice husband. Mine stays carefully silent hoping I'll get distracted by something else. He's nice too, just awfully weary. Maybe if I knew anything about artillery.... he does like things that make large booms. The kids all finally issued an edict. " MOM don't do that. You're ruining the movie. "

When you coach a sport and your mind thinks I am fighting Picketts charge again and you tell your players to turn the cannons

Yours is the only team getting some history thrown in with the game. It all helps!

For me is when I know festive time of year OCT NOV DEC and I start thinking of the 1864 TN campaign … Holidays disappear and we can thank the lord that such men lived North and South all Americans The pride of a mother, father and loved by sister, brother or other relatives...

for Spring Hill Franklin and Nashville season of Thanksgiving yes and on the retreat it was not till Christmas day that all the dead horse where removed from the carter yard …

yet we eat turkey and ham and open gifts I'm not saying we shouldn't just take the time to reflect on those before as other wars not about others as its a civil war board but u get the idea will leave it at that

Last edited:
Have to share a new one.

To your surprise and delight you discover that someone has in fact recorded a Civil War re-enactment, complete with musketry, cannon fire, officer shouts and Rebel yells, for an ambient sound loop. You look up with dreamy eyes at your Alexa device... but now you can feel the Mrs staring a hole into the back of your head.
You know you're preoccupied when you consider it for one more moment before you sigh and choose life instead...

Back