You Know You're Preoccupied By The Civil War When;

When you think about telling your wife that you just discovered that the man who published one unbelievable story in 1870 also published an unlikely story in 1865, but you refrain because the explanation would take half an hour to cover who was talking about whom before you could get to the why it is not credible part.

I honestly start about 20 stories a day to my fiancée that I stop 30 seconds into, realizing she could care less about "Tige" Andersons attack at Gettysburg, or something similar haha

When you come in to cool off and a cold drink, walk past the Alexa thats playing something about sitting on a turnip truck, and you say "Alexa play I'm a good old Rebel". Ol lady looks up "what did you do that for I liked that song.....". "I was just seeing if it was worth the money I pay for it honey"

When you can handle three books at the same time, all related to Civil War interests to the absolute amazement of your family. Currently reading:

Slave Of The Shadows by Naomi Finley - pure plantation fiction but so interesting none the less.

The Cooking Gene by Michael W. Twitty - a fact based journey through African American culinary history in the old south, fascinating insight, beautifully written.

Personal Memoirs Of Ulysses S. Grant - no words needed💙

I’m going on my third Civil War Tour in a month and couldn’t be more excited!

Back