You Know You're Preoccupied By The Civil War When;

C'mon @wbull1, @TracyM61 and @Northern Light, General Longstreet is by far the most handsome! See I know I'm preoccupied by the Civil War because I feel obligated to point that out on his behalf. :help:
He was a very nice-looking man! Doesn't hurt that Tom Berenger played him in the movie either. :inlove:

There are a lot of handsome Civil War men, truthfully. It's one reason why I like the photo threads so much. :giggle:

C'mon @wbull1, @TracyM61 and @Northern Light, General Longstreet is by far the most handsome! See I know I'm preoccupied by the Civil War because I feel obligated to point that out on his behalf. :help:
He was handsome as long as his beard was full. In later years with those sideburns and the chin free... not so much. :nah disagree:

There are a lot of handsome Civil War men, truthfully. It's one reason why I like the photo threads so much. :giggle:
Amen!

I like Custis Lee quite a lot. :wub: And Hancock was a fine looking man too. :wub:

He was handsome as long as his beard was full. In later years with those sideburns and the chin free... not so much. :nah disagree:
Yes, Longstreet needs a full beard. I'm not sure that the chin-free sideburn look is flattering to anyone. . . .

Amen!

I like Custis Lee quite a lot. :wub: And Hancock was a fine looking man too. :wub:
:thumbsup:

My laptop is next to my bed, and just about the last thing I do each night is sign in to CWT to see the what's happening. More than once I have woken up in the morning to find CWT still staring at me from right beside my pillow.
And, then there are those times I turn on CWT at bedtime, to find something really interesting, and start digging further. Next thing I know, it's 3, 4, even 5 o'clock am, and I'm still researching, and not tired at all! (It'll catch up with me about noon).

And, then there are those times I turn on CWT at bedtime, to find something really interesting, and start digging further. Next thing I know, it's 3, 4, even 5 o'clock am, and I'm still researching, and not tired at all! (It'll catch up with me about noon).

That happens to me more often than I should admit.

When at a get-together with my French friends, they politely enquire about my latest trip to the US and
I answer: Oh it was nice, went to Atlanta, and visited Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield and then we went on
to Chickamauga Battlefield - and, before I can get into details, somebody desperately changes the subject....

I can relate, but probably for different reasons. My friends lose interest fairly fast when I start talking about my Civil War related travel. A lot of them aren't comfortable if someone admits they're interested in anything even slightly related to the Civil War. :redface: Have you traveled to the States a lot @sarladaise? Do you have any favorite spots you have visited?

When tornado sirens go off at 3:00 am and you turn on the local news. You tell your wife and kids, who are huddle nervously in the hallway, that the radar is showing that the rotation is tracking a route just like Grant’s 13 Army Corps did on May 11, 1863!

They don’t find it interesting whatsoever!

Hahahhaa I cant bypass the opportunity to point out that the two of you @alan polk and @JPK Huson 1863 were carrying on the conversation above at 3:00 am. I think THAT'S how you know you are obsessed --when you're up at 3am posting on the message board. And someone answers you! :bounce:

Hahahhaa I cant bypass the opportunity to point out that the two of you @alan polk and @JPK Huson 1863 were carrying on the conversation above at 3:00 am. I think THAT'S how you know you are obsessed --when you're up at 3am posting on the message board. And someone answers you! :bounce:
Yeah, well the tornado sirens are near our house so I was up at 3 whether I wanted to or not. In fact, as I type this, the same storm that had me up at 3 is heading your way now. Keep safe over there in Bama!!

Back