You Know You're Preoccupied By The Civil War When;

When your office at work is beginning to look like a museum.

result_1595988770783.jpg

View attachment 309471

So- this thread is dedicated to the ' Whifty ' in all of us, the preoccupied person whose mind is endlessly shifting through dates, times, people, battles, genealogies and events to the point where there is sometimes little room left 'up there' for anything else.

I'm a major offender. SO easily distracted anyway, my head is pretty much constantly filled with conversation having to do with History, the Civil War, what happened over there in that house I'm driving by 150 years ago, wonder which regiment was mustered here and where's the local cemetery. Ok, so maybe some of this would have happened whether or not the Civil War was cluttering things up, up there but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You know you're seriously preoccupied by the Civil War when:

You've owned your car for 4 years and just discovered the ashtray last week.

A very nice lady stops you in Target, has a super conversation, asks about your husband, children, the family dog, scolds you nicely for not calling her when you said you would then hugs you and leaves- and you have NO idea who the blazes that was.

When you have Civil War Field Music fife and drum stick figures on your car's rear windshield.

field music fife and drum stick figures on car.jpg

THAT is awesome! I've never seen one before- just the usual dogs, kids, cats- etc.

Yes, they are fun--a friend of mine makes these for reenactors--she calls them "Yankee Doodles Decals." She will make them for specific disciplines like fifer and drummer, banjo player, flag bearer, etc., on request, and also has a bunch already made up for infantry, artillery, cavalry, etc. Here's her Facebook page:

she calls them "Yankee Doodles Decals." She will make them for specific disciplines like fifer and drummer, banjo player, flag bearer, etc., on request, and also has a bunch already made up for infantry, artillery, cavalry, etc. Here's her Facebook page:

These are great! She makes both military and civilian decals, and even an Abraham Lincoln and a Clara Barton. You can see the entire selection at her website:

Roy B.

Knowing and celebrating generals birthdays... (Stonewall Jackson's is in 2 weeks, on the 21st, Sherman's is February 8th, Grant's is April 27) and other dates. Also street names, in this one city there were 3 streets in a row, Grant, Sherman, and Thomas and no one knew why I was so excited.

Back