Yeee Hawww !!!!!!!!!!!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Thanks for all the tips for geting started in reenacting!!!!! I'm have been and going back to my first reenactment today, tommorrow and Sunday....... Its fantastic and they haven't even done anything yet. I've meet both sides and must say everrybody has been freindly. I'm trying to be selective in my unit choice but boy I want to start now!!!!!!!
Again thanks to everyone for helping me on my road to reenacting.....
Talk to ya later!!!!!
HC:thumbsup:

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
We expect a full report on Monday morning. See that it is done, Cadet Correct.
Ole

scone

Sergeant Major
Tennessee - From the "The City Between The Lakes"
Historicaly Correct said:
I've meet both sides and must say everrybody has been freindly. Again thanks to everyone for helping me on my road to reenacting..... Talk to ya later!!!!!
HC :thumbsup:
Reenactors come from all walks of life, lawyers, doctors, surgeons, police officers, firemen, regular military, librarians, teachers, cooks you name it..

We all have a comon bond which is sharing the love of history and potraying it others may learn about the past

In my 3 years of reenacting I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest people in the world .. not only in my unit (which is like a second family to to me). but other units in the battalion i belong to.. as well as reenactors in others states.

Last May I did a living history event in Iowa.. 11 hrs + from my home state of Tennessee. And I must say I had the pleasure of reenacting with the finest yankees oops Western Federals ( sorry Shane ) :smile: That I havge ever met. And Last Oct I was in Va for the Cedar Creek event with my unit that fell in with a group of confederates portraying the 7th Tennessee Infantry which is made of members from various states, (PA, NJ, GA, VA, DE, and one or two more that cant recall.

In Iowa I was treated as if I was with my home unit and Va it was if my unit added another 25 rifles.

There are few bad apples in every group biut over all you will find out that you will make friends for life with some of the folks you interact with.. I sure have..

regards, Steven

YMOS,
Pvt. Cone
46th Tennessee Infantry company K
Tennessee Vally Battalion - Heartland Brigade
"We are a Bad of Brothers"

ewc

Sergeant
Historicaly Correct- It is quite a pleasure to see the enjoyment you are taking out of reenacting. You have taken to it it looks like like a fish to water. God bless you. As ole says, keep us up to date with your adventures- will surely make enjoyable reading. regards, ed

Rad2duhbone53

Corporal
Are you in for some fun....

:smile: Correct.......you will find a wealth of info among your comrades.Way back in 1988 during the 125th reenactment of Antietam I was among the many who just started in research.While I was walking through the Confederate camp I spotted a "Major" I once saw at the 125th of Balls Bluff. Since he was by himself I got enough courage to ask him if he could help me with some info about "Bloody Lane".He was surprised I remembered him and just as surprised of my knowledge of Antietam.( At that time I just got the Time Life book of it ) When he saw I was really interested in it, he actually invited me into the officer's tent. I sat down, had a cup of coffee(Man!!!! it was strong)
and spent about 30 minutes talking. The Knowledge just poured out of him. It really made a highpoint in my trip to Maryland for the renactment.Hope you have just as good an experience as I had.